Monday, January 29, 2007

How many cowgirls does it take...


To open a bottle of wine?? That was the question as 5 of us got together for dinner and a movie at Julie's house in Madison.

Just after I got done blathering on about how a 5 turn corkscrew is best, I stuck in the corkscrew and the thing wouldn't budge.

I handed the bottle off to Rachel and here she is, giving it a go with Dr. J holding the bottle.






Then..Dr. J gave it a try. She huffed and she puffed and...
nothing.


So then I traded corkscrews and put in Rachel's 4 turn corkscrew and....

VOILA!
And by the way, I look like my Great Aunt Rose Barranco in this picture. Check out the schnozzola. Is it me or is
my nose looking especially huge here??

So anyway, dinner was super excellent Indian cuisine, a combination of my cooking and Julie's running out to the neighborhood Indian joint for the first course and bread.


















Dinner was full of 2-3 conversations going at once, always fun. Anna posed with her new container of Udderly Smooth. She is a huge fan of the stuff and likes it almost as much as candy. (read: Chocolate).

And before the movie started (Bend it like Beckham) we took the photos of us all from across the table...so here we are:
Anna, Rachel and Dr. J (left) and
Mama Schmitt, me and Kate (below)
















The movie was fun to watch and we had many side comments going throughout. Kate bunked at Julie's house and Mama Schmitt stayed over at my house. Once in our jammies we talked about weight lifting. She's getting BUFF! Dang. For a skinny mama she's packing pecs and biceps now! She was talking about what she's been doing and it made me nostalgic for my weight lifting days. Good job Jules--looking good! She had to leave early in the morning so I made her a strong cup of coffee and off she went. Then Kate came over and we got ready to go skiing (that means we drank more coffee). We headed over to Elver and there we went up hills and down hills. On one uphill section Kate noticed a hawk land and she pointed it out. It was only about 12 feet above our heads and then a buddy joined the first hawk so two of them were hunkered on the branches so close we could see the down on their feathers. They seemed kind of curious so we watched each other for a few minutes then skiied on up a long hill.

I bit it on one of the downhills and landed on my better shoulder. As I was trying to get my self straightened out I saw Kate coming and she was yelling something. I couldn't quite make out that she was saying "move your HEAD!" until she got really close. Luckily, she was able to carve a turn so did not give me a ski-ectomy to the frontal lobe. What was really cool though was when I got up, my shoulder felt kind of good--like somehow it was where it was supposed to be. It's a little sore now but I can move it so I'm wondering if I had a slightly out of joint shoulder? No matter, I'll take some "i-bu-broken' as Kate calls it and see how it feels tomorrow.

It was a nice workout on fresh snow. Ahh, a great way to start a week. Miss the rest of you--can't wait for photo shoot day.
Have a great week of training.
dq

3 Comments:

Blogger Bovis Fugit said...

Great pics and fun memories, DQ! Thanks for your posting...and for making dinner for the party I was hosting! I'll have to have you cater my events more often. In the meantime, would you stop falling down? I hope the drugs help you feel good as new. --Dr.J

4:00 PM  
Blogger Bovis Fugit said...

Oh what fun! gunnar, dairyDog, and I had a double feature (Strange Brew and Killer Klowns from Outer Space), and ate Bi Bim Bops for dinner. Who wants to come to Morgantown for the next Movie Night?!
Looks like you guys had a great time-- I really can't wait to hang out with you all soon! bs

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's a Bi Bim Bop?? Sounds, um, tasty??

We'll have a great time at the photo shoot weekend--more sillyness to be had. Just wish Dairy dog could come too. I'd get her in the photo!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home