Wednesday, January 24, 2007

When Cabin Fever Sets In




My news is not nearly as exciting as having an engagement ring but I did manage to carbonize a pan of brownies last weekend. I had a bit of a sweet tooth going so I started a pan of brownies. Then, in my typical January cabin fever sort of way, I decided to take a trail ride on the horse. As I was pulling into the barn I realized I'd not taken the brownies out of the oven. I tried calling a neighbor but no luck. I did what any person with cabin fever would do; went for a trail ride. Every now and then I'd wonder if there would be smoke pouring out of my house when I got home or if it'd just smell. As it turns out, a pan of brownies baked at 350 for 2 hours just smells up the house. Like a campfire made with wet logs.

I've yet to chip out the "brownie" but I'm motivated as that was a good pan!

In training news, I've skiied quite a bit and have been running and I'm enjoying reading everyone's stories about training adventures. Gabby and I ran last night and Tippy and I lifted weights. Ahh, it's so good to have training partners, even if they do run off after vermin or attack me when I'm lifting.

That's all the news from team HQ. Only 4 weeks until the photo shoot!
cheerios,
dq

3 Comments:

Blogger Bovis Fugit said...

As a lover of sweets and baked good of all kinds, all I can say is: This is so wrong!

Dr.J

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I know!!! and would you look at my poor pan! It's now soakingin the sink. Perhaps a soggy carbon brownie will be easier to get out.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you remembered the brownies were cooking at home and still rode your horse! I would have been freaking out that my house would burn down.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home