Thursday, April 26, 2007

This Rain is Making me Want to


EAT. As in chocolate. And raisins. Chocolate and raisins in the same handful, washed down with some milk. Since the start of this post I've had 39 raisins and a dozen chocolate chips (ghiradelli dark).

Here's a photo Trish took last August of me and Meredith out for a ride on a sunny day. Remember the sun? Right..it's that yellow thing that makes you feel warm. Yea...I remember.

It's been raining off and on since Sunday night. I made it home from the very fun (except for Julie flying into the grass) but very late crit at 7:30 and it was just starting to rain. I rode yesterday and have yet to hose the worms off my bike. I guess I should just ride first and wash more worms off after today's ride. It's been a wormy spring here in Wisco. Bazillions of the little dudes squashed all over the road, just waiting to get stuck on a bike.

Yesterday was Navi-kate's birthday. In other news, Betsy Boom boom won her race last weekend in Del Mar (they have a great horse track there that I'd like to visit sometime). Bunny won her race in W. Virginia, I got third (slacker). Anna and Heather are doing ok, Cari's down south, ready for roll at Athens. That's all I know for now.

This is a boring post. someone say something funny!!!
dq

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you, DQ! I just rode home from work in the torrential downpour and wind. BLECH!!!!!!
It sure makes the warm coffee with chocolate milk taste good, though.
I feel bad for all the poor little wormies.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the post office and met a lady in line who is afraid of worms!! And how did that come up you ask? The postal clerk was teasing me for not riding my bike in and I said it was because is was full of dried worms and this other lady started to talk about being afraid of worms...cracked me up!!
I just ate some more chocolate. I think I'm getting too skinny...

4:53 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hey, Just a thought... but maybe you veggies or "I won't eat anything with eyes" people should realize your NEW protein source...

WORMS!

There are plenty of types of worms and they don't have eyes, so technically, YOU can eat them. haha....


I bet bunny and dq are wishing worms had eyes right now...

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummmmmmmmmmmm worms. Saute w/olive oil, garlic and sweet onions. I think I could do that....

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea, Kate-- and worms are free (much cheaper than Gu/powergel, etc.). We could pull a few out of our jersey pockets mid-race and freak the competition out!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm in!!!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home