Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Found: Puppy. Lost: Heart.





This is what I have been doing the last week or so!
I found this little gem last Sat. during a bike ride-- she was stuck in a briar patch! I managed to extract her, fed her my Clif Bar, and walked around for 2 hours knocking on doors, put up signs, all that good stuff, but attempts to find her owner were futile. She is a little doll baby of a puppy, with green eyes and a very sweet disposition, mixed with just the right amount of puppy naughtiness. She even got along well with grumpy old dairyDog (most of the time)! After 8 days, we found a great owner for her-- somebody who works across the street and takes pictures at the WV mt bike races, so I will get to see her often. Thank goodness, because she took my heart with her when she left!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW! Good thing you were there to help this little lost and furry fella find a home!
Dr.J

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn! I was hoping I could fly her to MSN...although another dog is the last thing I need right now it's really hard to resist a puppy that needs a home! Glad you found her a good one and that you'll get to see her often.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As tempting as it was to keep her, I would have felt a little bad for Dairy-- she is entering her "golden years," and the last thing she needs is a puppy pouncing on her tail and stealing her bed!
I am sure puppies are much easier than kids, but it was still exhausting. I don't know how you do it, Momma Schmitt!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home