Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hola!



Well, I hope this works. This blogging thing is all new to me. (Actually, I don't know how to do anything because all the blogger site is written in Spanish! So, the pictures are posted where they want to be posted... not where I want them to be posted!)

Greg and I are here in Mallorca vacationing/riding/relaxing. Besides today's rain, the weather has been awesome and allowed some serious rides. I know I am spoiled by living in Colorado but, here in Mallorca, this is some of the most beautiful riding I have ever done. And yes, Dr. Julie, I am climbing these mountains AND enjoying them.

The roads out here are made for riding bikes and the drivers respect that. Even in the narrow sections, the drivers patiently wait behind the cyclists until there is room to pass. The mountains are gorgeous and outline the coast to make picture perfect views. We have not been great about taking pictures, but I did attach some (notice my treat of choco milk I am buying in the pastry shop mid-ride). Actually, the first day, we did bring the camera but jumped in with a group of German cyclists leaving our little beach town. We stayed with them for about 4 hours of riding in the mountains. With the warm fuzzy feeling we were receiving (haha), I didn't have the nerve to take out my camera and start making light of their pace.

We arrived on Thursday and have been riding/exploring every day since. It is funny that our daily routine has not changed much even though we are on vacation: lots of riding, lifting weights, sleeping, reading, and cooking. I guess the only difference is that we don't have the daily "things" in life to take care of. Oh, and we don't have the internet to distract and delay everything we do.

Some of you may like to know exactly what we have been doing... so here it is:

Friday- Our first ride of our vacation and we joined the friendly Germans for a 4 hour mountain ride.
Saturday- We found the gym and did our lifting workout.... rode a short while in the afternoon.
Sunday- We did about 5.5 hours on the bike we some harsh intervals in between. (Hence the pastry stop witnessed below.)
Monday- Gym stuff again and a nice hour ride at night... it started raining (and we crashed... this makes a nice story) so we headed home.
Tuesday- It was a mild 3 hour ride and we came home to find Missy.
Today- It rained all day so we spent some time in the gym.

Ok... more later. Internet is freakin' expensive here! I wish you guys were here with me... we would have lots of good times!

Cari

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mallorca sounds great. You're making me want to go next year!
I hope the rain lets up.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oohhh, I loved Majorca. I think we need to have a team reunion in Majorca next year?? Love the photos. Get one of you in the jersey standing in front of the Palma sign!! (or the Puig de Soller...or a pub!) Oh, and have a cafe con leche for me. Are the coffees still one euro??

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're making me jealous with your 3 and 4 hour rides in paradise! Yesterday Madison was cold and rainy when I got home from work at 5:30 PM, so my training achievement of the day was convincing myself to ride rollers for a whole hour(!!) rather than just eat and read the paper.

Way to push our sponsor's product! Now you just need a shot with you and some of the local cows (they must have them somewhere).

Dr.J

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the team needs to go to Majorca next year....start saving now!

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home