Monday, March 19, 2007

I think I discovered the problem with my bike....



I have ridden a fair amount this week and as Dr. J and Rachel know, I was having some shifting problems. At first I thought it was because of the older casette/newer chain combo but yesterday I found the real reason: both screws that hold the rear der hanger on were missing!

I went for a lovely ride yesterday out toward the western part of Dane County and decided I'd change my tires when I got home. Once home and after a snack of everything in the cabinets, I went at the tire project. I droppred the rear wheel out and the entire derailleur came with it. Of course if it had come off during the ride I'd of been in the weeds looking for a piece of wire to fasten it back on. (It wouldn't have been the first time road side mechanics got me home)! Not like calling home would help either; "Hey Gabs, jump in the car and meet me out at Sunset and Range Trail, would ya?? No stopping at Dairy Queen either."

Anyway, I'll be taking both bikes to our pals at Willie Street for some TLC today. It's supposed to be 50 and sunny which means a ride is in order.

I hope you all had good weekends of training and/or racing. Betsy and Cari were racing in Visalia and CN only had brief results so we'll have to wait to hear how it went. Betsy S went to the mountains with Gunnar to ride--on single speeds. Tough girl points for that, Bunny! Talk at you soon,
dq

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops...sorry! Did you need those screws? -A cowgirl who shall go nameless

7:53 AM  
Blogger Bovis Fugit said...

I knew you had a few screws loose, but this is rediculus!

Glad you found the problem, crash free.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep...I have been acting a little crazy lately haven't I?? I'm happy to report that Willie St supplied me with the two screws I need to get my bike going again.

As far as my head, well, that's what red wine is for, right?

12:03 PM  
Blogger Bovis Fugit said...

That's why we love you. screws - - - or lack of, and all!

Birds of the same feather, flock together.

Have fun with my hubby today!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or is that last comment way too easy to misinterpret given all this talk of screws?

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not what it sounds like!! I was looking at a house with Julie's husband who deals in real estate. ha-I was waiting for someone to comment on that line.

Got my bike fixed and went for a good ride in the wind yesterday. I think I even got some sun.

5:15 AM  
Blogger Bovis Fugit said...

You know, DQ, he just recently started getting into women with muscles - - - i wonder where he got that from - - -

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...ok, someone rescue me from this thread of conversation!! Bunny...make a new blog entry. Someone..Bueler!?

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home