Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Day 19 as a Vegetarian

So it's March and it's 50 degrees. And my vegetenariasm is going well. I had sauteed greens with bulghur wheat and a home made veggie burger last night. It was goo-od! I feel good and have plenty of energy so I have to say, I like it.

Anyway, I got to ride yesterday with Dr. J and as usual I was hanging on to her wheel for a good part of the ride. The good news is I know what I have to do to get fit. I told Julie that I felt better yesterday than I did a week ago so I'm seeing fast improvement. Kind of like the feeling you get when you dust the furniture after, oh, 3 months. You really feel like you can *see* the results!

Base? I don't need no stinkin' base! 10 years of riding count for something right? Let the experiment begin. I'm planning on racing March 31 in a RR so that means I have to ride just about every day between now and then. And, of course I want to win every race so no matter what, I'll put myself where I need to be to help the team or get the win...fit or not.

Good thing Dr. J has a flexible schedule. I will look forward to more rides where I can see drastic improvement.

I miss you all...til soon.
dq

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rides with Dr. J sounds like a good way to get in shape. Kind of like motor pacing, hey? A

nyone want to do a long-ish ride with me this weekend? I'm tired of riding by myself or with the boys. Rebecca? Anna? Dr. J? We should ride to Mt. Horeb and stop at the cafe or ride to New Glarus and stop at the bakery. Yep, it truly is all about food with me ;)

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

count me in for the food ride. I need the company too. I have team withdrawal after only 2 days!

And why yes, it was like motor pacing sitting on Julie's wheel!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked the weather, and it looks like Saturday is going to be the nicer day to ride. However, I almost forgot that I signed up for the Shamrock Shuffle--my first ever 10K running race, and my second ever running race. Not to say that I'm really going to race it, but I'm sure the droves of other participants will inspire me to pick up the pace a bit. Would you be able to do a shorter ride in the afternoon? Like around noon or 1?

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes-I can do a shorter ride in the pm. I may ride earlier and meet up with you to finish off the day.
Gee eikes, this could be your first "block!" I'm honored!!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll call you as soon as I get home from the run, and then we can meet at the arb or you can roll over to my place. Sound okay?

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan to me!

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home