Sunday, March 19, 2006

cowgirls get noticed

Man - wearing the cowgirl kit is fun. I went to a weight training seminar wearing the long sleeved jersey, and had a blast. Walking into a food joint, a table of men, oh- 40 ish, were all staring at the jacket, so I got to put in a plug for our team, sponsor, and bike. And later - at the seminar, the discussion was on what alternatives there are to gateraide. I of course jumped in with (2% low fat chocolate milk! full of protein, carbo's and minerals). I also mentioned our team presentations we do for elementary kids. Oh ya - I also learned some things regarding weight training. But what a blast. I love being/representing this team.

Ride hard and have fun
J

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Cowgirls getting noticed, did you see all the photos of our team on cyclingnews.com (http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=2006/mar06/sandimas06/sandimas062)? You girls are awesome! Nice work this weekend.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checked the web out. Vert impressive! Wish we could post those pictures on the web.

Awesome riding!!!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Bovis Fugit said...

Julie--way to represent the bovine sisterhood! Hope the outdoor ride was great. I just got in and probably should go to bed but I'm drinking coffee!! Weeeeeeee!

Rachey, I hope you had fun in NC. We missed you both and talked about you and Jamie and Big Red behind your backs. All good, of course! really, we missed having you there. Can't wait to see everyone at the photoshoot!
dq

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home