Monday, March 06, 2006

A homesick cowgirl!!!!!

Well I should come clean, after reading Rons last comment I am now TOTALLY homesick and many memories have come flooding back..... ending rides at Park Road sitting in the sun having Raisan toast. I have soms great memories of meeting my mates 5:30am Wednesday morning and rolling around the river to have a latte at Park Road say g'day to the guys on the group ride and then toddle off to work, shower and be ready to start teaching at 8:30, then ride home at 3pm............... maybe meet at the coffe shop again on the way home........I must admit us aussie's really know how to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a long cry from my current situation where I wake at 5:00am to get to work by 7:00am. {Just to compare for the aussies reading this....... I work at a middle school (6th - 8th) and I start at 7:25am in the morning, we go straight through to lunch at 11:30, which is only 50 minutes and then finish at 2:25. Also to add to this I am at a public school - VERY different to the 9 am- 3pm with little lunch AND big lunch!!!!!!!!!}

So to say the least I am missing my aussie lifestyle at the moment and can't wait to see all of you cowgirls either in Cali or Madison this month......

Ron, would love to see a photo of Heather in the jersey at park road.

On the Colorado front for me - the racing has startedfor the season with the first training race this last weekend. Check out this blogspot..... you may find something you recognise!!!!!!!!!!

www.sgriodivas.blogspot.com

stay safe warm and dry!!!!!!!!----Palm

5 Comments:

Blogger Bovis Fugit said...

Wow--is that you in third?! Nice work!
That jersey is so easy to spot.
HOw'd you feel? Is your cold gone now?
--dq

6:49 AM  
Blogger Bovis Fugit said...

yeah my cold is gone now am feeling alot better. I went for the prime and could not come around the girl and I also attacked up the last hill only to be passed at the top, so got 6th out of 20 girls........
so a good day all round!!!!! tp

9:39 AM  
Blogger Bovis Fugit said...

Wow--great job in the race! Can't wait to be on your wheel soon! (and believe me...I'll be on your wheel...and anyone else who can pull me around!
--r

5:08 AM  
Blogger Bovis Fugit said...

So - are we smarter or just more zoned out with our school system vs the Ausi's?

Bet there are less stressed kids
downunder.

Right now i'm enjoying the freedome Pre-K gives. Can't beat 4 hours of reading, singing, projects and ABC's.

O'ya, did I mention we have a 5yr, 3yr , and 9 mo old? You know, if you find you just love Wis when you come over for pics, you can stay and just teach our kids. I promise long lunches and a biking partner.

alooking forward to meeting ya

J

5:48 AM  
Blogger Bovis Fugit said...

Hey Julie, be careful of what you offer...... teaching your kids sounds like a GREAT deal. I am really frazzeled and burnt out teaching the inner city students who have no repsect for authority, believe that they deserve everything and treat their peers horribly!!!!!!! On top of all of that, the parents take the side of the student and claims that they NEVER behave badly at home...... WOW rereading this I have a little bit of anger today!!!!!!
To answer your quesion in regards to being smarter or more zoned out.... in my experience the system in OZ is much better as there is more breaks and less time they need to concentrate which leads to quality time in the classroom rather than quantity.
Anyway Julie I can't wait to meet you when I am in Wis at the end of March and would love to spend a day with you and the kids...
Bec, actually I can't wait to be in the race with you and be sweeping your wheel....
Weather report for today: 3" of snow by the afternoon so will be joining you girls on the trainer

Palm

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home