Saturday, December 15, 2007

December!



Another day... another post... where is everyone?? Anyhow, I'm currently taking a break from planning an exciting mitosis lesson for my favorite sophomores at WestDubuque High. Sometimes the kids just don't understand how exciting biology can be... I mean who wouldn't get excited over how DNA coils into a chromosome.

I actually had a student raise his hand and say "I know you try to make this cool [chromosome structure]... but I do not see how anyone could think this is exciting." The entire class laughed... and we all kept on digging into the chromosome.

Anyhow, being a geographer- I was truly excited when I found this cow w/ a map of the world on his broad side! How cool. MOOOO.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kate!
I think chromosomes are cool. But, I like rhizomes better. :)

Thanks for the post and yes, that cow is neato!

9:06 AM  
Blogger ScootsOnMoots said...

I'm trying to figure out how you stumble across a cow with the world map when you're planning a mitosis lesson. Sounds a tad suspicious to me.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scoots! Hope you're healing!

Yeah... I was looking for something and this picture came up... I think I was actually planning the volcano lesson-- who knows...

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home