Thursday, January 17, 2008

Alternative Training


There is only so much indoor training you can do in the winter.  So, here are some things I have done to keep myself entertained.
Greg and I took a trip to Montana to hang with his brother and girlfriend.  It was a holiday skiing celebration- skate skiing and telemark skiing.  The picture is Greg on the left, me in the middle, and Kim on the right... and lots of new powder!

Yes... this is a tandem!  Don't laugh!  Try riding a tandem on the track (no brakes and no gears) with a blind cyclists on the back.  I gave it a shot and loved it!   This was a hard coupled days of training but all went well.  It looks like I will be training for the Paralympics in Beijing.  More on that later.
A little mountain biking trip to Fruita, CO.  This took place earlier this winter.  Although Elke looks like a stud in her helmet, she is still working out the details of how to ride a bike.

What are you guys up to this winter?

Cari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home