Thursday, September 07, 2006

Tennis Shoe bling & Scientology

I forgot to mention that after Monday's race, Natalie and I visited a shoe store that had the funkiest tennis shoes I've ever seen. There was bling everywhere and who knew that PUMA was making shoes still?

As we were leaving the course we passed the Scientology place which was having an open house. Nat wanted to go in and I tried to beg off but she talked me into it. In a word: creepy. Two words...creepy cult. While Nat was filling out the information sheet I was checking out the cult jewelry. Apparently you can buy a ring with the insignia that indicates you are "one of them."

Natalie caught me making faces and she made one and I had to walk away or bust out laughing. We were introduced to a schmarmy guy who was going to show us around. I managed to get Natalie out of there before they tried to take us on a tour. I got some literature which is the most god-awful "writing" in the history of the world. How anyone could suspend even low human intelligence to believe that crap is beyond me.

I'm going to start a cult. The TAD cult. We'll have greek letters on our clothing to signify we're "one of us." Our church will be the Sunday ride and we'll worship summer. Maybe I can get some celebrities to join?

til soon, dq

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The TAD Cult?! That sounds wayyy too cool! I'm definitely game for that! ;D

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We could have shirts with greek letters: TAU ALPHA DELTA. Let's get pink hoodies and tank tops!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh way cool you guys! we can do this on Cafepress!!

I'm in. I want a hoodie. And I'm getting some bling shoes to go with it.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eikey! That's an awesome idea!

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's get Ron and Heather to get some TAD gear to wear in OZ. We can spread our cult all over the world!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home