Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A pox on the sun and snow!

It's soo hard to read Trish's and Eikey's blog entry. 8 hours of skiing? 4 hour ride in shorts? Aeeaaaaa!! I envy you both and am glad your training is going so well.

I managed a three hour ski in Minoqua on Sunday, some snow shoeing on Monday and a two hour ride in the cold slush on Saturday and thought I was doing great, until I read your notes. Buggers!

One thing I discovered is that snowshoeing while using ski poles is a great workout for an "easy" day. I worked up a hell of a sweat just walking on the snow covered lake. Gabby and the neighbor dog Bentley came with me and we walked the length of the lake at the cabin and when I got hot I considered doing what the dogs did--roll in the snow. I would of done it if someone would of had a camera!

Trish, I wish I was in Denver to sip on some wine with ya. Eikey, seeing as you're only 10 minutes away we should get Miss Natalie out for a winter ride and take photos for the blog.
I miss seeing everyone. Have a great week!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't let my 8 hours of skiing made you jealous--I ended up getting sick and had to take yesterday and today totally off of any type of training. :( The lovely thing is that I'm not allowed to take any sick days, so I'm here at work. Good times.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Bovis Fugit said...

What?? You can't take sick days? That's sick!!

I hope you feel better soon...

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home