Saturday, December 03, 2005

A Run and a Muck

It was snowing and really cold today so I was inside surfing the net, purchasing some winter running shoes when my friend Mallory called to ask if I wanted to go running. After I talked her into buying the same shoes I drove over to her house. We both needed motivation to run and I said I'd help her clean the barn afterward. We ran the perimeter of her farm with all the dogs. It was a three mile slog through snow but fun. The dogs easily ran twice as far. After the run we drank some hot chocolate (real stuff--with milk!) and then headed out to the barn to muck stalls. Nothing like cleaning horse stalls to make you feel one with the world. All that poo, hay, stray cats--it doesn't get any better than that. I worked up an appetite and so did Gabby. Oh my gosh, would you look at that. Someone opened some red wine and it's sitting right here next to my wine glass. I'd say this was a good and lucky day. Til soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home